Can you guys imagine, that another year has passed? 365 days just.. gone. Another year lived. I wanna panic, but at the same time when I’m looking back, I understand how much have I done and accomplished and that makes me breath little bit easier. 2018 has been a good year. If you ask my highlights, I say moving to Scotland and starting my studies in Glasgow School of Art. I’m finally a BA student and working more than ever through something I wanna accomplish and do.
Also this year is the first year I strongly realised how much I am not a fan of a new years eve parties. I’m starting to feel the social pressure again, now when it’s only 2 days til 31th, that I need to have a bottle of champagne already bought, party picked and outfit ready. To get drunk and just.. do nonsense. That’s why I decided that by now on, I will start spending my New Year’s eves somehow more exciting. I will travel somewhere or do something new, what I wanna accomplish the new year anyway. Instead of drinking the day away, I will gain something from it.
Also the few couple of days I’ve been thinking about what I wanna gain from the next 365 days. I don’t get it, if people say that they don’t wanna set themselves any goals or promises, because it’s… stupid or nonsense. I think not doing it is nonsense. Have a goal, make a plan and then start doing it. Without having any goals in your mind, you can’t start working to anything. That’s why I love to make myself the most optimistic list of things I wanna get out of myself and then have something to look at in the end of every year- what I accomplished and what I will postpone to next year.
That’s why I’m gonna share my little goal list with you guys, just to put it out there. I like to split my goals into two lists: personal growth mentally and physical growth.
1. Stop doing things I don’t wanna do
- I still go to parties where I don’t wanna go. I still go and see people who I don’t wanna hang out with. I still say yes to things that just take my time and doesn’t give me anything back. I wanna stop doing it. 2019 I will do things that will benefit me, without wasting any more time. As C. Bukowski once said: “I don’t have time for things that have no soul.”
2. Say “no” straight away
- If I know I wanna say “no” I will say it straight away, without making excuses or giving the “no” later, because it’s uncomfortable sometimes. If I know the answer, I will say it.
3. Love more
- Give more changes to love. Let it in and out, let it flow and to get healthier. There’s lot to learn.
4. Do more yoga
- Yoga makes me happy and healthy. I love to be flexible and light and this is what yoga makes me feel. Weekly yoga will be a goal.
5. Be able to do headstand
- Childhood dream of mine. Yoga goal helps me to reach it.
6. Run a marathon
- To become such a good friend with my own physical body that I can run a marathon also to have a mind over body experience, where I know that I am capable for so much more, even if my brain thinks that I’m not.
7. Finish 10 books
- To find more time to read, as I know that I have the time, I just don’t always use it wisely enough.
8. Build up my own brand
- To take all the ideas what I have in my head and make them happen. I’m turning 24 this year. I need to start taking them more seriously. There is no time to waste anymore.
9. Find mind-alike people around me
- If you live in Glasgow and you think we could make a good friends, hit me up. I need you in my life. I need somebody to team up, drink wine, mirror and bounce ideas and share values. Seriously. Hit me a line!
10. Do more
- Do more of everything. Just to be more, do more, create more. But to do and be more in areas what actually touch me, not just to swing around places and things that I don’t care about. I really wanna make this year the best one by far. Just to stop wasting this valuable, oh so valuable time!
And then a bunch of small things- drink more water, don’t forget to eat, treat your body well and give it a workouts to feel better in my own skin, daily meditations and walks. Just to connect more with myself, when life will get hectic!
What you wanna accomplish this year? Do you have anything you wanna put your focus on? And have you already made a plan, how you gonna do it? Because a goal without a plan is just a wish!